The Attributes tab on the Account Hierarchy page is where you can view, search for, modify, or create attributes.
Attributes are key/value pairs that help your organize and categorize your accounts similar to how account-level tags work in our original platform.
For example, a company may want to analyze their costs and data by department. They can create an attribute called Department and associate values with this attribute—each value representing a company department: IT, Finance, and Sales. Once they apply these attributes to selected accounts, they can create reports that will more accurately reflect the costs and data across these departments.
Click a button to learn more about the actions you can perform in the Attributes tab:
This procedure shows you how to create a new attribute, add values to the attribute, and assign accounts to the new attribute.
- Launch CloudCheckr.
- Navigate to the Accounts Hierarchy page.
- Click the Attributes tab.
- Click the + NEW button.
- In the new text field, type a name for your attribute and click OK.
The Edit sub-drawer opens.
- Search for an existing value or create a new value.
For this procedure, there are no values, so will create the following: IT, Sales, and Finance.
- Click + NEW.
- In the new text field, type IT and click OK.
- Repeat the steps to add the Sales and Finance values.
- Because CloudCheckr automatically displays a blank text field after you click OK, you must click CANCEL before you can assign values to any accounts or to close the sub-drawer.
- Click the row labeled IT.
A second sub-drawer opens.
- Select the account(s) you want to associate with the new attribute and click APPLY.
- Repeat the steps to select the accounts you want to associate with the Sales and Finance attributes.