Add a Percent Discount or Premium for All Custom Billing Charges
This type of custom billing charge allows you to apply a percentage-based discount or premium, in real-time, to a subset of List costs in an account family.
Options and Procedure
Click a button to learn more about the options that you can configure and to see instructions on how to apply this custom billing charge:
|Option||Action||Example (if applicable)|
|Description||Type a description that uniquely identifies the custom billing charge.||5% premium on all charges|
|Percentage of discount or premium (negative if credit)||Type the percentage premium (positive number) or discount (negative number) you want to add to all custom billing charges.||A discount of 50% would be -50|
|Apply percentage to||
Apply the custom billing charge to Unblended cost—the amount that AWS bills a customer—or to List cost—the amount that CloudCheckr bills the customer based on usage and contractual charges.
If you are an MSP/Reseller, you must select List cost so that CloudCheckr can modify your customer's costs.
|Apply to charges that match these values||
Only applies your custom billing charge when the parameters in your billing report match the values you selected for one or more of the following properties:
Select Include all current and future EC2 Box and/or Include all current and future EC2 Heavy if you want the custom billing charge to inherit these usage types automatically any time AWS introduces a new usage type.
|All accounts in the Asia Pacific (Sydney) region that used the Amazon CloudTrail service|
Choose a day, month, and year from the Date Picker (required).
If you want the custom billing charges to continue indefinitely, do not choose an end date.
If the start date is any date in the past, you will need to reload the billing report for the months where you want to apply the custom billing charge.
For our use case, let's say we want to charge all customers a 3% premium. Follow this procedure to see how to configure a custom billing charge that meets these requirements:
- Launch CloudCheckr.
- Select your account from the Accounts List page.
- From the left navigation pane, choose Cost > AWS Partner Tools > Configure > Custom Billing Charges.
- On the Custom Billing Charges page, click + New Custom Charge.
- Click Add a percent discount or premium for all charges.
- Under Description, type Standard 3% Premium
- In the Percentage of discount or premium (negative if discount) field, type 3
- In the Apply percentage to section, select the List Cost radio button.
- In the Start Date field, select 12/10/19 from the Date Picker, and leave the End Date field blank.
Here is what the screen looks like after configuration:
- Click Save Custom Charge.
CloudCheckr returns to the Custom Billing Charges page and displays the new custom billing charge: