Users in CloudCheckr CMx
A user is the actual end-user who has a valid CloudCheckr username and password that enables them to log in to the application.
Users are a component of CloudCheckr's Role Based Access Control (RBAC), which is a method for managing access based on the roles assigned to those users.
The Users tab in Access Management is where you can view, search for, modify, or create a user.
There must be a valid email address associated with the user you want to create in CloudCheckr CMx.
Click a button to learn more about the actions you can perform in the Users tab:
This procedure shows you how to create a user and assign a role to that user.
- Click the Settings icon and select Access Management > Users.
- Click the + CREATE button.
The Create User sub-drawer opens.
- Type the user's email address.
- From the User Role(s) drop-down list, select the
roles you want to assign to the user.
You cannot assign more than 10 roles to a user.
- Select at least one authentication method:
authenticate using the end-user's CloudCheckr email and password
authenticate using CloudCheckr SSOIf you select SSO, you must also select an identity provider.
- Type any helpful personal and/or organizational notes if applicable.
Here is an example of a user with the User and Client Access Management role who can authenticate with a CloudCheckr username and password or via SSO using Okta:
- Click SAVE.
In the Users tab, you can export a list of users to a CSV file.
- Click the
located on the right side of the page:
Your next steps will depend on which browser you are using.
- Follow any on-screen prompts to open or save the new CSV file.