The Savings Analysis report is designed to allow you to quantify the difference between the List Cost against the Blended or Unblended Cost for an AWS Bill. CloudCheckr further allows you to filter this report by Date Range and Service (EC2, S3,etc). This information helps AWS partners to manage and optimize the cost and profit of their business.
Savings Analysis by All
As an AWS partners if you wanted to compare the List Cost against Blended Cost for all accounts against all Services for a given month you would set your Date Range, Cost Type, Service like the image below and select the Filter button.
You will be presented with cost and profit details including a breakdown of those details in a bar graph spanning your date range.
- List Cost: This will display the List Cost of all the payee accounts.
- Blended Cost: This will display the Blended Cost of all the payer account.
- Total Savings: This represents the List Cost of the payee accounts minus the Blended Cost of the payer account.
- Total Savings, less Payer Upfront RIs: This represents the total profit minus the upfront RI cost incurred by the payer account.
- Net Savings: This represents the total savings minus all the cost incurred by the payer, including any upfront RI costs.
Savings Analysis by Service
After reviewing the cost comparison by all accounts, you now want to see the breakdown by Service. You simple need to modify your filter and select the specific Service from the down and select the Filter button. This will reload the screen and recalculate the totals and bar graph for the specific service.
Now that you have an understanding of the Savings Analysis report, you can take advantage of the specific details by account that are presented beneath the totals and bar graph. CloudCheckr also provides you with the same cost comparison by account and and service. Like most of the other reports you can also download all the details to CSV or PDF.