Single Month Billing Summary ReportThe Single Month Billing Summary report enables you to use your billing report or CloudWatch data from your AWS invoice to generate billing statistics for each day in a given month.
Use Billing Report DataIf you want to use your billing report data, you must first enable CloudCheckr to monitor your billing in your AWS account. For more information on how to enable your billing reports, review the following topics:
- Enable Detailed Billing Reports
- Configure the Cost and Usage Report in AWS
- Configure the Cost and Usage Report in CloudCheckr
Use CloudWatch DataCloudWatch allows you to monitor your AWS bill by querying the CloudWatch API. Please note however:
- CloudWatch can categorize data by service but it cannot provide information on tags, credits, or other details.
- AWS may delay updating your CloudWatch data for a day or two, which can skew your CloudWatch cost data.
- AWS will bill you for Heavy Utilization Reserved Instances (RIs) and other upfront costs on the first of the month, which will cause a large spike in your AWS bill on the first of the month. For more information, review the AWS Pricing topic.
Generate the Report
- From the left navigation pane, select Cost > AWS Billing > Summary Reports > Monthly.
The Single Month Billing Summary page opens.
- Click the Month drop-down menu at the top of the page to select the month from which you want to view your AWS bill.
CloudCheckr allows you to select any month in the past for as long as your project has existed in our application.
- Click the AWS Account ID drop-down menu to select the account(s) that contains the billing data you want to use.
If you are using consolidated billing and you are in a payer account, this drop-down menu will contain all your payee accounts.
- Click the Service drop-down menu to select the service(s) you want to your report to focus on.
- Click the Source of billing data drop-down menu to use CloudWatch or detailed billing data for your report.
- Click the Cost Type drop-down menu to select your cost type.
Custom Credit amounts are calculated and displayed for all cost types; Blended, Unblended, and List.
- Click the Group drop-down menu to select how you want to group your billing statistics.
- Click Filter to generate your report.
CloudCheckr displays your report, which includes a top-level summary and a Monthly AWS Bill graph for the selected month.
- Go to the bottom of the report to see your billing details.
- Click the to see the total cost, credit, and net bill for each AWS service that day, as well as the month-to-date cost, credits, and net bill through that day.