Configure Microsoft Azure Costs (Percent) Alert
This procedure shows you how to configure an Azure Cost alert that identifies cost fluctuations between the average costs of two time periods.
- Launch CloudCheckr and select a CSP or EA account from the Accounts List page.
- From the left navigation pane, choose Cost > Alerts > Manager.
- On the Alert Manager page, click + New Alert.
The Create New Microsoft Azure Cost Alert dialog box opens.
- Select Microsoft Azure Costs (percent) from the drop-down list and type a name for your alert.
- Click Notifications and type the email address(es) where you want the notification to go.
Click Configure Integrations to send notifications using a third-party tool such as Jira, PagerDuty, ServiceNow, Slack, SNS, or Syslog.
- In the Alert me section:
- Type the number of days for the cost spike.
- Select if you want the cost amount to equal a dollar amount or a percentage average and type the value for the amount per day or the percentage average.
- Type the number of days for the previous time period that you are using as a comparison.
Click to add another threshold.
- In the Monitoring Costs section, select if you want to apply this cost fluctuation by subscription, service, or tag.
- Click Create Alert.