Custom Fee Based on On Demand Cost
CloudCheckr's Custom Fee Based on On Demand Cost tool is designed to increase margins for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) that lose revenue when their customers purchase Reserved Instances (RIs) directly from AWS. This feature effectively allows an MSP to modify
the On Demand cost by a pre-determined percentage, before applying the RI pricing discount.
- Launch a payer account in CloudCheckr.
- From the left navigation pane, choose Cost > AWS Partner Tools > Configure > Custom Fee Based on Demand Cost.
You will see a list of all the accounts in your Consolidated Billing Family.
- In the Actions section, click the gear icon to access the configuration for the payee in question.
When inside the account you have the ability to modify all the On Demand costs by a set percentage. The available options are:
- Description: a text field for your information only where you can describe the type of charge you are creating.
- Percentage: a numerical field where you can enter the percentage by which to modify the On Demand Cost.
- Charges by individual account within the Account Family: the recommended practice is to check this box in order to allow the algorithm to modify the charges in an individual account when
Account Families are in use.
- When you are complete, click Save Custom Fee configuration.
You'll return to the main screen, and then you will need to reload your billing data so that these customizations will take effect. Do this for any historical months and
for the current month as well, if desired. Click
reloading your billing data for more details.