Custom Dashboards in CloudCheckr CMx
Give your users a personalized view of the most important information for their project or team.
- Create dashboards showing only charts and tables with the data most important to your business, so you can quickly see what's going on with your cost and usage.
- Create dashboards that are targeted to certain types of customers or business units, focusing on what's most important to them.
- Decide which accounts can view each custom dashboard, so that users see only those dashboards with visualizations relevant and helpful to understanding their cost and usage patterns.
By default, every CMx user can view and edit any visualization Panes within the "Overview" Dashboard. However, CloudCheckr CMx Admins (those users with access to all accounts), can create their own Custom Dashboards - with visualizations and data tailored to the needs of specific customers or business units. Custom Dashboards can be made visible to all accounts, or restricted to a subset of accounts/account groups as desired.
You must ensure that you have the manage dashboards permission and that you are an Admin user, with access to all accounts.
Create a Custom Dashboard and Assign to Accounts
- Launch CloudCheckr CMx.
- Click the Dashboards Dropdown menu and Select +New dashboard page (by default, Overview is shown)
- The New Dashboard drawer will open from the right side of your window. Enter a name for your dashboard and an optional Description. By default, the Allow access for all accounts radio button will be selected. If you would like to allow users with access to ANY account to view this dashboard, choose this option.
- Choose the Limit access to specified accounts and groups radio button if you would like to select a subset of accounts to have see your new custom dashboard. Use the input box to search for accounts or account groups. You may select multiple items.
- Click Save. Your new custom dashboard will be shown in the Dashboards dropdown menu, selected by default. You're now ready to add visualization and data panes to your dashboard. See Dashboard Panes in CloudCheckr CMx to learn more about how to create and edit dashboard panes.