A user is the actual end-user who has a valid CloudCheckr username and password that enables them to log in to the application.
Users are a component of CloudCheckr's Role Based Access Control (RBAC), which is a method for managing access based on the roles assigned to those users.
The Users tab in Access Management is where you can view, search for, modify, or create a user.
Click a button to learn more about the actions you can perform in the Users tab:
This procedure shows you how to create a user and assign a role to that user.
- Click the Settings icon and select Access Management > Users.
- Click the + CREATE button.
- Type the user's email.
- From the User Role(s) drop-down list, select the roles you want to assign to the user.
- Select at least one authentication method:
authenticate using the end-user's CloudCheckr email and password
Azure AD Single Sign-On (SSO)
authenticate using SSO for Azure Active Directory
authenticate using CloudCheckr SSOIf you select SSO, you must also select an identity provider.
- Type any helpful personal and/or organizational notes if applicable.
Here is an example of what the screen would look like if you created a user with the User and Client Access Management role who selected CloudCheckr and SSO, via the OneLogin identity provider, as their authentication methods:
- Click SAVE.