Configure a CSP Account [Legacy]
CloudCheckr can import cost data from the Microsoft Partner Center/Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) portal. To import this data, you will need to create a partner user and native application in the Microsoft Partner Center/Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) portal.
To configure your CSP account, you will need to complete two steps:
- In Azure, you will log into the Microsoft Partner Center/Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) portal and create a user and app.
- In CloudCheckr, you will create an Azure account and configure that account to collect your CSP billing data.
Create a User in the Microsoft Partner Center
- Log into the
Microsoft Partner Center.
The Cloud Solution Provider page opens.
- To sign into your Cloud Solution Partner account, go to the menu bar and click Dashboard.
You can also click Sign in located on the right side of the screen.
- Select your account, type your password, and click Sign in. The Partner Center page opens.
- From the right side of the screen, select Settings > User Management.
The User management screen displays.
- Click Add user. The Add user screen displays.
- Type the name and email of the new user that you will use with your CloudCheckr account.
- Under the Roles and permissions section:
- Make sure that you select the Manages your organization's account checkbox and select Billing admin.
- Make sure that you select the Assists your customers as checkbox and select Admin agent.
- Click Add.
- After you create a user, log into the Microsoft Partner Center with the temporary password of the new user to create a permanent password.
You cannot use the temporary password to credential the CSP account in CloudCheckr.
- On the Partner Center page, go to Account Settings and click App Management.
- Scroll until you see the Native App section, and click Add new native app.
- Copy the App ID.
- Save these required items to a safe location:
- Active Directory ID
- the user’s email address
- the user’s password
- App ID
Create an Account in CloudCheckr
- Launch the CloudCheckr application.
The Main page of the application displays.
- From the right side of the screen, click NEW ACCOUNT. The New Account screen displays.
- In the first text field, type a name for the account.
- In the Cloud Provider section, select Microsoft Azure from the drop-down list.
- Click Create.
The Configure Account page opens.
- Select Collect billing data from my Partner Center / CSP Account from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Use App & User credentials tab.
- Provide the required information from the Partner Center that you saved earlier:
- Windows Azure Active Directory ID: the domain of the user’s email address
- User's Login ID: the user's email address
- User's Password: the password you created in the Microsoft Partner Center/Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) portal
- Native App ID: the App ID created in the Microsoft Partner Center/Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) portal
- From the Azure Account Type drop-down menu, select Commercial, Azure Goverment, or Azure Germany.
- Click Update.
The Edit Billing Configuration page opens.
- To complete your billing configuration, go to the Edit Billing Configuration: EA and CSP Accounts topic.