Apart from installing CloudCheckr FinanceManager in any on-premise environment, you can also deploy it from the Azure Marketplace. Deploying CloudCheckr FinanceManager on the Azure Marketplace is straight forward, and can be finished within a few minutes within your Azure Portal.
Purchase and Deploy Your Offering
- Log in to the
Azure portal and go to the
to search for the offer:
Once you’ve selected the offering, you should see the following screen:
- Click Create.
The Deployment Wizard displays.
- Type your username and password.
- Select your deployment Resource Group and click OK.
Make sure to write down this username and password, as you will need these when connecting to the Windows server using the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP).
- Try to pick a recommended VM size type that has enough CPU’s and Memory (see the installation page for general system requirements). Smaller machines are possible, but will influence performance:
- You may select any additional options, but none are required for running CloudCheckr FinanceManager succesfully, so you may skip this page simply by clicking OK.
- Review the summary and click Create to deploy your VM: This may take a few minutes. You may review the status of the Virtual Machine in your VM list:
- Write the Public IP address once it is available. Optionally, you may configure a custom DNS name to have an easy way to connect.
Connect to Your Instance
You can log in to your instance with RDP, but you should be able to connect to your instance using the public IP address or DNS name of your instance considering the following default URL:
The default admin username is admin with password cfm.
The dashboard displays:By default, no data is loaded into the system, so you’ll have to create a new extractor for obtaining consumption data and a transformer to process that data. A Report Definition is then created to be able to report on your consumption metrics and costs.