Adjustment Policies in CloudCheckr FinanceManager
CloudCheckr FinanceManager enables you to create account-specific rate adjustment policies. An adjustment policy allows you to apply a discount or a premium using one of these modifiers:
- a certain amount of money (EX: $100)
- a certain quantity (EX: 100 GB/hours)
- a percentage (EX: 10%)
You can apply this adjustment to a single service, multiple different services, or one or more service categories.
Create an Adjustment Policy
To create a new adjustment policy for an account, follow these steps:
- From the menu, choose Services > Adjustments.
- Select the account for which you want to create an adjustment policy.
- After selecting the account, click Add Policy, and in the Adjustment Name field, type a name for your policy.
- Select a Start date to identify the first month when you applied the policy.
- Select a End date to identify the month when this adjustment policy will be discontinued. This is optional since you can apply an adjustment policy permanently.
- Select the Service or Service Category associated with the policy. You can select multiple options.
- Select the Type for this adjustment. You can choose discount or premium.
- Select the Target to indicate if this adjustment is targeting the total charges or the total quantity of the selected services.
- Select the Difference setting to indicate an Absolute value (EX: 100 units or 100 dollars) or a Relative value (EX: 10%).
- Type an adjustment value. For example, the screenshot identifies a value of 10, which will adjust the total charge with -10% given the provided parameters.
- Click the Add Policy button to apply your changes to all charge-related reports.