ConfigurationThe Data pipelines feature allows CloudCheckr FinanceManager admins to manage Unified Scriptable Extractor (USE). USE has its own language reference. As described in the documentation, you are free to use your editor of choice to create and modify a USE. However, the GUI also comes with a built-in USE editor.
Create ExtractorsTo create a new extractor from which you can pull usage or lookup data from, follow these steps:
- From the menu, choose Data pipelines > Extractors.
- Click the Create Extractor button.
CloudCheckr FinanceManager will display templates you can use to start extracting. Or, you can create an extractor from scratch.
- Provide a name for your extractor.
- Click the Insert at the bottom of the screen.
Edit and Delete ExtractorsWhen you want to change or delete an existing extractor:
- Select one from the list of extractors that you want to change.
- Go to the Variables tab, and change the extractor's variable values.
- Go to the Editor tab, to delete the original USE-script or to make more advanced changes such as:
- changing existing API calls
- changing csv output format
- Click Save.
Run and Schedule ExtractorsTo test your extractor, you can execute or schedule it directly from the Glass interface.
- After you have selected the extractor that you would like to run, go to the Editor tab and click Run.
Most extractors require one or more parameters, usually in a date format.
- Click Run Now to execute the extractor. After the extractor is done running, you will receive a status message.
You may need to make additional changes to your extractor depending on the satus of your extractor.
- Go to the Schedule tab.
You can schedule extractors to run once a day at a specific time. In this tab, you can also configure your To and From dates, which use an offset value.
For example, if you want to use the day before yesterday as a From date, click the down arrow to select a value of -2. If the To date needs to correspond with yesterday's date, select a value of -1.
- Type any additional parameters in the Schedule with these arguments text field.
- Click the Schedule button.
If you want to change or remove this schedule in the future, click Unschedule.